Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Greatest 'learning' this semester ...


Reflecting on the many things I have learned this semester, I can honestly say that my ability to think mathematically and my confidence to help children learn to think mathematically has progressed in a very positive way. I have learned so much this semester!

One thing which this mathematics course class has helped me achieve is the ability to think outside the box. My entire schooling has been spent with teachers telling me to think one certain way about mathematics. Many times, I would take my math problems home and work through them with my mom- only to be told the next day that I could not use that method to get the answer. Being professionally taught that all my life, doing “my own way” was and is okay is a very satisfying feeling. Learning this, has helped me not only become more confident in my own capability to do mathematics, but also my proficiency to teach my future students.


Thanks Mary, it’s been a great semester !

No comments:

Post a Comment